Bone Cancer - Symptom, Causes, Treatment of Bone Cancer
Bone Cancer is the
malignant growth which
appears in bone results from cancer that has
from other parts of the body - secondary bone cancer.
Bone cancer can be
scareing for the children and adults that it strikes.
happens in the bone itself is
bone cancer. All forms are occasional.
The most bone cancer treatments combine some types of therapies. For
instance, our surgeons, oncologists, and radiation therapists work jointly to
the success rates of bone cancer surgery by utilising chemotherapy treatments earlier to surgery.
bone cancer are:
- Osteosarcoma, which
in growing bone tissue. Osteosarcoma also known as osteogenic sarcoma,
in bone-forming cells. It can
at any age but it is most
between 10 and 20. Any bone may be
impacted, but more than half of all osteosarcomas
around the knee. Osteosarcoma causes a
swelling of the
- Chondrosarcoma, which develops in cartilage. Chondrosarcoma
in middle age, and the tumour
stages. Later it may
to nearby soft tissues and to
parts of the body. The diagnosis can only be
by biopsy, and treatment is by surgical removal of the tumour. In
cases, amputa-tion of the bone above the tumour is
the chance of cure.
- Ewing's sarcoma, which
in immature tissue in bone marrow. If Ewing's sarcoma is
from its X-ray appearance and
by biopsy, CAT and radionuclide scanning of the whole body is
suggested to discove whether, and how far, the cancer has
treatment is with a
of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, and
by surgery. There is a good chance of
if the diagnosis is
Depending on the type of cancer you have and whether it has
extend, your doctor may
- Eliminate all cancer cells in your body, even when cancer is widespread
- Prolong your life by controlling cancer growth and
Symptoms of Bone Cancer
Here is the list of
sign and symptoms of bone cancer :
- Weakened bones,
leading to fractures
- Joint swelling and tenderness (for tumors in or near joints)
- Weight loss
In a few cases, bone cancers may have a
element, such as in:
- Li-Fraumeni syndrome. This condition is
risk of many
cancers, including osteosarcoma, leukemia, breast cancer, ovarian cancer and others.
- Rothmund-Thomson syndrome. This condition causes
and rashes, and
risk of bone cancer.
- Hereditary retinoblastoma. Children with this
cancer of the eye have an
risk of osteosarcoma.
- Multiple exostoses. Children with this inherited condition which causes cartilage bumps to form on your bones have an
risk of chondrosarcoma.