Influenza - Symptoms & Treatment
Influenza virus infection, one of the most frequent infectious sicknesses between humans, is a highly infectious airborne disease that causes an acute febrile illness and results in variable degrees of systemic symptoms. Most infected people improve within one to two weeks without requiring medical cure. However, in the very young, the elderly, and those with other serious medical conditions, infection can cause stern complications of the underlying condition, pneumonia and death. For most populace influenza infection is just a nasty experience, but for some it can produce more severe illnesses. The most common difficulty of influenza is bronchitis and secondary bacterial pneumonia. These infections may need cure in hospital and can be severe mainly in the elderly, asthmatics and those in poor health.
Causes of Influenza
Some causes & risk factors of Influenza are as follows:
- Unusual strains of the influenza virus.
- The virus is spread simply from person to person through droplets and petite particles produced when infected people cough or sneeze.
- Contact by objects for instance handkerchiefs that have been in contact with fluids from an infected person's nose or throat.
- Infections also arise through contact with these body fluids or with infected surfaces.
Symptoms of Influenza
Some sign and symptoms related to Influenza are as follows:
- Body aches and muscle pain (often stern), usually in the back, arms, or legs.
- Runny nose.
- Fatigue, a general feeling of infection (malaise).
- Loss of appetite.
- Nausea or vomiting.
Treatment of Influenza
Cases of the flu seldom require specific medical cure. But a few kids with chronic medical conditions may grow to be sicker with the flu and require to be hospitalized, and flu in an infant can also be risky. The body uses lots of energy combating contagion, so inactive for the first couple of days get it off to a fine start. Certify you drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration, and try hot water with lemon, ginger and honey to reduce symptoms for instance sore throat. Get paracetamol or anti-inflammatory drugs for instance ibuprofen to worse a high temperature and reduce aches.